- Directing tasks to ensure that all works completed in the most cost effective way, on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Manage staff, run workshop, plan projects, allocate work schedule and prioritise workflow and be able to successfully action instructions provided by senior management.
- Price joinery works from drawings and specifications and negotiate prices and delivery times.
- Work closely with the project team; ensure optimum delivery of the project whilst exercising control of costs, procurement and management of the supply chain.
- Implement and maintain a housekeeping program to ensure that the team are working in an efficient, tidy and safe environment at all times.
- Support and implement practices that ensure Health and Safety legislation is being met and best practice is being adhered to.
- Monitor employees’ performance. Coach and mentor members of the team offering regular feedback to employees on performance.
- A skilled and experienced team leader with strong skills in carpentry, joinery and shopfitting.
- Have a commercial/estimating aptitude.
- Must be capable of taking project details from drawings through to completion including ordering materials, producing cutting lists, assembly, finishing and wrapping.
- Knowledge and experience of a joinery workshop environment and modern woodwork machinery is essential.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good technical understanding and relevant practical skills
- Employment Type: