An Assistant Contracts Manager will support the Contracts team in the delivery of a project. They will be involved with the estimator at Tender stage, and develop a good working relationship with the Client and his representative to manage the delivery process and their expectations. They will be supported in their role by a Surveyor, CAD Operator, Buyer and Administration staff but must be a key person in the team. Structured communication and ability to prioritise is essential.
They will be involved in the appointment of the Sub-Contractors, and then be responsible for the day to day management of all direct or Sub-Contractors site operatives.
The Assistant Contracts Manager will support the team in arranging the following:
- Fully understanding the agreed scope of works
- Programming the works
- Producing the construction phase health and safety plan
- Ensuring all Sub-Contractors are accurately briefed and instructed
- Involved in the design process and signing off of construction details
- Scheduling of deliveries, transport, plant, equipment and accommodation
- Control of quality
- Attendance and involvement of site meetings
- Handover of the Project
- Issue of all health and safety information to for the file
- Manage and close out all snagging additional works within a timely manner
- Assistance with costing the works, preparation and agreement of the final account
- General administration of the Project to include emails
Due to the ‘fast track’ nature of our business the Assistant Contracts Manager has continual demands to manage timely, with site works being carried out at both night and weekends.
Must be energetic, driven, flexible and fit well within a hard working team.
Must have a clean, valid full driving licence.
And looking for a long term career.
Excellent salary package dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Employment Type: